HCM Market Letter author Michael Lewitt comments on the US Government stimulus efforts.
I’ve been reading Michael’s articles for about 3 years and it is good to see him finally getting some more publicity as a result of publishing his new book The Death of Capital.
Other Comments from the December market letter include:
- Bad policy in the US will ensure the that boom and bust cycle will continue
- The US economy showing signs of improvement but not as much as might be expected following a recession. The data is also not as positive as it is being seen by the markets
- Europe (and the Euro) is in trouble with Spain Portugal, Greece, Ireland Belgium and Italy the most vulnerable
- China boom to end at some point unless “they are unlike every other growing economy in the history of the world” – People trusting numbers coming out from China are not wise.
- He also gives a range of investment recommendations at the end of the article that are worth reading.